03 Nov Calling The Animal Poisons Centre
Coming 31st December 2019!
When you call the Animal Poisons Centre, we may ask for the following information:
– Your pet’s name and weight
– Details about the poison(s) they have been exposed to such as the product name and the amount (try to have the bottle/packaging in front of you when you call)
– How they have been exposed (ingestion, skin exposure, eye exposure etc.)
– The time since exposure
– If the animal has any symptoms
– If the animal has any previous medical conditions
– Any treatment that has already been performed
The Animal Poisons Centre will conduct a risk assessment on your pet’s exposure and provide treatment recommendations or referral advice if necessary.